15 Back Pain Consultation Questions
Ask the same questions to your doctor at your next appointment.
- What causes my back pain?
- What severe conditions might be the root of my back pain? If so, which ones are they, and what signs do they display? Have they been discarded?
- What will make my back pain worse? How can I prevent it from getting worse?
- Is stress a consideration? What can I do to aid?
- What medical options do I have?
- Are there any natural treatments or regular activities I can do to relieve my back pain?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of the suggested surgery?
- Is medicine necessary? Are there any other possibilities?
- What does the medicine do if it’s necessary?
- How much medicine can I take? What are the adverse effects? Is prolonged use harmful?
- Will my back pain affect me in any way? Can other problems occur?
- Where can I learn more about treating back pain?
- What special arrangements, if any, would you recommend for the workplace, home, or school?
- How often must I come to your office?
- Is it likely that my back pain will render me permanently disabled?